This project involved the refurbishment and extension of the existing ground floor catering department to provide modern catering teaching facilities and a 100 seat café/restaurant.
The works included the creation of:
- Practical teaching spaces
- Bakery, chocolate and butchery teaching areas
- Staff prep areas
The remaining 1st and 2nd floors and adjacent Cherwell building remained occupied and live during works.
Our design services included:
- New catering ventilation system matched to student cooking load with advanced filtration, variable air flow to minimise running costs.
- Improved fabric performance to minimise heat loss.
- Heat recovery on all general ventilation to minimise heat load.
- Air conditioning system to maintain stable air temperature for areas of chocolate, pastry and baking work.
- Modernisation and upgrade of electrical infrastructure for whole building.
- AV infrastructure to allow live streaming of lessons.