KJ Tait Engineers provides energy and sustainability strategy reports and accompanying sustainability statements that are used to support applications for Planning permission.
We provide the following services for each development:
- review of and response to applicable legislation (building regulations, Planning policies etc.);
- energy profiling and benchmarking for all building types;
- consideration of phasing;
- consideration of site-wide opportunities for reduced CO2 emissions, central energy
- centres, site-wide district heating, re-use of waste heat.
This leads to a coherent masterplan-wide energy strategy, taking account of implications per plot. We have produced energy and sustainability strategy reports and sustainability statements for a variety of clients, building types and locations including a business park in Aberdeen, a development comprising housing, hotel, care home and sheltered housing in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, a rural private school campus in Hertfordshire and a development comprising housing, retail and primary care units in East Lothian, near Edinburgh.