SME CLIMATE COMMITMENT
KJ Tait Engineers have signed up to the SME Climate Commitment, a partnership that opens the doors for SMEs to join the United Nations Race to Zero campaign.
In signing up to this commitment, we aim to take the following actions immediately:
- Measure and estimate our current greenhouse gas emissions
- We will set short and medium term targets to reduce our emissions line with the commitment
- Develop a plan to achieve our emissions reduction target
- Start to take concrete action to reduce our key emissions sources and move toward our net zero target date
- We will encourage more SMEs to do the same
As a business, responsible for the design of our clients Net Zero Buildings, we felt we needed to not only ‘talk the talk’ but also ‘walk the walk’, therefore we’re committing to an ambitious plan to achieve Net Zero Carbon emissions by 2030. With COP26 being hosted in Scotland, now is seen as the ideal time to start upon our journey to Net Zero Carbon.